In this blog I am going to talk about some amazing spots to visit if you’re ever in Los Angeles and my main source of information is going to be discoverLosAngeles.com:
Isn’t Los Angeles just beautiful?? LA is so diverse, that sometimes it’s overwhelming, but this is exactly what makes Los Angeles so special…it’s us, the people, from all walks of life and different parts of the planet.
Here are 10 many little-known facts about Los Angeles that often get lost amid the hoopla.
- LA Parks and Gardens – The newly-renovated Japanese Garden at The Huntington is just one of LA’s scenic parks and beautiful gardens that are waiting to be explored.
- Take the Family for a Ride – From carousels to horses and railroads both big and small, Los Angeles offers the entire family a variety of ways to take a ride together.
- The NY Times: 36 Hours in Downtown LA – The New York Times discovers the vibrant new energy in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles: The World’s Backlot – LA County’s more than 4,000 square miles provide enough geographical, cultural and architectural variety to allow for many local sites to stand in for far off cities, countries and even planets.
- What’s New in LA – As one of the world’s top trendsetters, you can count on Los Angeles to constantly evolve, adapt and re-imagine its possibilities. Learn about exciting developments taking place in LA in 2012 and beyond.
- Unique Tours in LA – We’ve scoured the city for fun and interesting specialty tours that will be right up your alley, whether you’re into movies, food, arts and culture or only-in-LA adventures.
- Search and Enjoy: Geocaching in Los Angeles – With a setting ranging from urban to completely rural, and terrain going from mountainous to desert to beachside, Los Angeles provides an endless playground for those engaged in the craft of geocaching.
- Hiking in Los Angeles: LA’s Best Trails – Getting acquainted with the variety of hiking in Los Angeles is the perfect way to discover why LA is the ideal place to get outside.
- LA Every Which Way – LA has a famous car culture, but renting one isn’t the only way for visitors to explore LA. You’ll find there are plenty of great ways to experience the city.
- The Best Place in LA to… – LA is the land of superlatives, and we are the first to admit that we claim best of status for almost everything. Here is a quick list of some of the best things to do while you are here.
- 100 Free Things to Do – Budget watchers, rejoice! At last, someone put together the ultimate list of free things to do in Los Angeles. (LA can get a little pricey, so this is always a nice thing to know!)
- Entourage Weekend – The true star of the hit show, Entourage, is Los Angeles — and there’s no reason why you can’t experience it the way the guys do.
- Los Angeles Coffee Shops with Free Wi-Fi – As any traveler worth their laptop knows, the only thing better than a coffee shop is one with free Wi-Fi Internet access.
- Family-Friendly Los Angeles – If there’s one place that can live up to kids’ expectations and needs, it’s Los Angeles.
- Scenic Drives in LA – For visitors, one of the best ways to get to know the city is to drive, soaking in the sights and sounds along the way.
- Presidential Los Angeles – From Obama to Kennedy, discover how U.S. presidents have made their mark on Los Angeles.
For some of the BEST restaurants, you can check out dineLA! You can learn about Featured Dining spots, LA Chefs, Celebrity Spots and more.
To have some fun, check out the NIGHTLIFE in Los Angeles! LA has some of the best DANCE VENUES & CLUBS, HOTEL BARS, COMEDY CLUBS and soooo much more!!
On this site you can also find FUN FACTS about LA! Things like Los Angeles Movie Locations, Historical Timeline of Los Angeles and the Literary History of Los Angeles. After all, LA does come alive through its writers!
- L.A. Olympics in 2024? Councilman wants to explore bid (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Tour of Beauty: Los Angeles Primping Spots (bellasugar.com)