First and foremost…I know how it’s like to be a bride and how difficult and stressful the whole process is. I’ve been there fairly recently and I didn’t have a wedding planner, so doing everything myself was a bit difficult and definitely very stressful. BUT, through it all, I promised myself that I will not make a big deal out of things (or at least I would try not to) and I will try to have fun through the whole process. Well, in the end, I ended up pulling everything together with minimal help from others and I had fun doing it!
Yes, it’s not easy and yes it’s easy to lose yourself in the whole wedding planning and become the BRIDEZILLA, but there are certain things a bride should NOT do…
Today I stumbled upon an article on Shine from Yahoo! and it made me laugh as well as gasp in horror to some of the things, the said bride, emailed to her bridal party. It’s okay to keep things under control, BUT there is a fine line between just enough and too much! Below is the link to the full article and the bride’s email as well as Shine’s response to some of her demands…:
And here are the things that made me WOW and what I think about these demands!
“Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties… if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you’ll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect.”
- This is so WRONG…you can’t threaten your bride’s maids. They are doing you a favor by being your bride’s maids and just because one or two of them cannot make it to one or some of the “parties” doesn’t mean you have the right to just kick them out from being your bride’s maid. This is ridiculous and absurd!
“The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I’ve never been…if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid.”
- After threatening to kick someone out if they can’t make it to at least one of your parties, you decide to have parties all over the United States of America… Unless you can afford to pay for everyone’s trip, you cannot demand or expect everyone to be able to show up to your events in different parts of the country! And telling them that if they can’t afford it then they will be kicked out from being your bride’s maid is just so braze, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to be her bride’s maid after those words!
“I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don’t care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. “
- This goes right along with the lines above…you can’t control everyone’s lives and expect them to evolve around you and your wedding. This is, again, ridiculous! (I seriously can’t believe this bride, BRIDEZILLA is not enough to describe her!)
“I need to know if everyone is 100% in by Wednesday…If you don’t think you’ll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I’m sorry but I’ll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest…Really think about everything I’ve said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!”
- Ummm…I seriously can’t say anything more… I would not even reply to this email or attend any of the events, including the engagement and the wedding… I would actually consider NOT being friends with this person anymore!
WELL…I hope you guys got a chance to read the whole email that’s posted on Shine and please do share your thoughts! I’m disturbed by this bride and her demands…I’ve heard of and seen different types of bridezillas but this one by far is the worse of them all!!
Thank for reading…waiting for your input!
- Bridezilla’s blood oath e-mail to bridesmaids (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Holy Hysteria Brides! (fabsugar.com)
- 6 Stories of Bridezillas Gone Wild (bellasugar.com)
- Weddings Are Hilarious. (girlonthecontrary.com)
- A Discussion on Bridezillas (weddingbee.com)
- Reasons Why You Cannot Be a Bridesmaid (gawker.com)
- Bridezilla’s Letter to Potential Bridesmaids (neatorama.com)
- Tips For Keeping Beauty Bridezilla at Bay (bellasugar.com)
- The Bridezilla (themonsoonedpapiha.wordpress.com)